Total time: 35 minutes
- 2 Morningstar Farms Chipotle Black Bean Burgers, thawed (microwaved for 30 seconds) and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese (1 ounce)
- 2 teaspoons Mexican/taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red (or green) bell pepper
- tortillas, depending on size you’ll need more or less (we used 7 small tortillas)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded lettuce, optional
- In medium bowl, toss together black bean burger bits, salsa, cheese,pepper, and seasoning.
- Heat tortillas (one or two at a time) in the microwave for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Place black bean mixture on tortilla and roll.
- Once all tortillas have mixture and are rolled into burrito shapes, spray the tops of them with Pam.
- Back at 375° for 9 to 12 minutes or until beginning to brown on top.
- Arrange on top of lettuce and serve immediately.
This recipe came from the Black Bean Burger box. It’s really tasty, a tad spicy though because of the burgers and possibly the salsa. The recipe actually tells you to make little triangle-shapes with the tortillas rather than just rolling them up. But in order to make those triangles, you have to cut up the tortilla and therefore you have some extra tortilla strips just laying there, not doing anything. It seemed like a waste to me so I ignored that part.
We’ve made this multiple times now. This time around we only had cheddar cheese, but it turned out fine! The only downside to this recipe is that you have to buy the black bean burgers.
We also made some Mexican-style rice to go with our burritos. It was quite a delicious pairing, highly recommend it.