I have begun to make the goodies on my Holiday Cookie List! My first “cookie” were chess bars.
- 1 box (18 1/2 oz) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Blend cake mix, butter, and 1 egg together with a fork. (You can use a mixer if necessary). Dough may be a tiny bit lumpy. Press into a well-greased 9 x 13 inch dish or pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and 2 eggs together. (This is messy, be prepared!) Pour over cake mixture.
- Bake at 350º for 40 minutes, top should be slightly golden and puffy.
- Cut into squares or bars before completely cool.
I gave some to my coworkers to try and they loved them. They did keep mentioning to me how sweet they were, but they all ate their pieces so I think they liked them well enough! 🙂 The top is nice and flaky and the density is perfect. If you don’t mind eating loads of calories in one little bar, then take a bite out of these!