My friend Katie posted this recipe on her blog a bit ago and it sounded delicious. You can see her blog post here.
Apple Cider Bread
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 2 1/4 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 375º and grease your loaf pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and cloves in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in eggs.
- A little bit at a time, add the flour mixture and then the cider. So flour mixture, cider, flour mixture cider, etc. Mix until everything is combined, but don’t over mix.
- Next gently toss in and stir the apples.
- Pour batter into loaf pan(s) and place in oven. Bake until toothpick comes out clean. About 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool (about 20 minutes) then remove from pan, place on wire rack to finish cooling.
I only baked my bread for 40 minutes because when I checked on it, the top looked really burned and the knife did come out clean. I probably should have baked it longer however, because it’s a little too moist for my liking. I think I’d add less apples and less cinnamon and cloves next time, a bit too over powering for me. Gene likes the spices though so maybe I’ll keep it how it is. I think we’ll make it again sometime and actually cook it for as long as it’s supposed to be. We only made one loaf too, I think we’ll do two loafs like Katie tried.
I’m afraid I don’t have pictures because I gave the rest to my parents. So check out Katie’s blog to see a picture!
Click here to see my Holiday Cookie list!