My parents sent me this recipe last year and it was a big hit. It’s pretty fast to make these and you only need basic ingredients, nothing too fancy.
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Using a mixer, mix the butter, oil, and both sugars together until creamy. Add egg and beat until fluffy.
- In separate bowl, mix together with spoon the flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Add bowl of dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, and stir together with a spoon.
- Add vanilla and beat with mixer for about a minute (a bit less is ok).
- Drop by teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheet (or use parchment paper).
- Optional: put 1/3 cup of sugar on a small plate. Dip the bottom of a small glass in the sugar and then lightly flatten each cookie.
- Bake at 350º for 10 to 12 minutes.
I think less time is better, if it’s in for too long they get a bit crunchy, and I prefer softer cookies. Also, Gene and I skip step 6 because we don’t think it’s necessary. It’s sweet enough.
Sadly I don’t have pictures of this one either because we’ve eaten the cookies already and I was too lazy to snap a pic when they first came out. So you’ll just have to make them yourself and see what they look like!
Go here to see my Holiday Cookie list!