The recipe originally calls for chicken but who needs chicken when you can add some other veggies?!
Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Medium crown of broccoli, cut up and steamed
- About 1 1/2 servings of steamed rice (if you’re using minute rice then use 3 or 4 servings). This all depends on how much rice you like
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 big spoon of Miracle Whip
- 1 spoon of sour cream
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Topping: 1 TBL melted butter in small bowl mixed with 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a casserole dish with Pam
- Mix all ingredients together (I mix it in the casserole dish but you can mix it in a bowl and then pour it in the dish)
- Sprinkle on the topping and bake for 30 minutes.
You may also consider putting in some celery or possibly even carrots. I think squash zucchini would be great in it too. I added a bit of lemon pepper to my plate and that was really tasty.