I am probably in Disneyland right now. How awesome is that?! I thought that while I’m enjoying Disneyland in person, I could post a few interesting facts about Disney and Disneyland so you guys can enjoy yourself too!
- Disneyland opened on July 17, 1955. That means it’s been opened for 58 years. (Wikipedia)
- Disneyland Park was the “only theme park designed and built under the direct supervision of Walt Disney” (Wikipedia)
- On August 9, 2013, The Haunted Mansion in Disneyland celebrated its 44th birthday. (Boingboing, Corey Doctorow)
- Walt Disney and his family had a private apartment over the firehouse on Main Street. (Boingboing, Corey Doctorow)
- There are “about 600 custodians, painters, gardeners and decorators” that work every night to keep Disneyland clean and looking fantastic. (LA Times, Hugo Martín)
- There are an estimated 200 feral cats that live in Disneyland. Disneyland allows them to stay because they keep the rodent population down. Animal wranglers control the population by spaying and neutering the adult cats and finding homes for the kittens. (LA Times, Hugo Martín)