Today I felt WAY better than yesterday. Yay! I also couldn’t sleep from 2 am on so that was a bit of a downer throughout the remainder of my day. All is good now though as I think I’ll actually be able to sleep through the night tonight. I had dinner with my parents this evening. They were kind enough to invite me over and get me some tasty Panera. Their chicken salad is really tasty, I thought it might be a bit dry but it wasn’t, so that was a very nice revelation. They also drove me home, which was so sweet and thoughtful. Thanks Mom and Dad for being amazing and loving parents! What would I do without you?
The past few days I’ve been thinking about what resolutions, if any, I should make for 2014, and that got me thinking about all the things I’ve done this past year. My resolution for 2013 was to try new things and have new experiences, and I really think I’ve done that. Could I have done more? Of course. But there were moments when I stepped out of my comfort zone and went to events I wouldn’t have gone to a few years ago.
Some of my favorite and proudest moments of 2013:
- I went snowshoeing for the first time.
- I attended TableTop Day, Denver Comic Con, Can’t Stop the Serenity, and Mile High Con.
- I spent more time with my coworkers outside of work, and I enjoyed that time!
- I learned how to cut Gene’s hair.
- I have gone on two outings with Gene’s coworkers.
- I bought plants, attempted, and was mostly successful at taking care of them.
- I went to Disneyland for the first time and LOVED it!
- I took and completed an online course about dinosaurs.
- I started my post a day and have not yet stopped!
- I have become a moderator for Aurora’s subreddit and have started attending monthly game nights.
- I have hiked a lot and seen a lot of beautiful sites.
- I attempted NaNoWriMo, and although I did fail, I wrote more fiction than I have in years.
- I have done more crafts and become more creative.
- I traveled to Europe for Christmas and got to spend some wonderful time with my second family.
I’d say that’s pretty admirable for one year. I’m really proud of those achievements and am super excited for what will come in 2014.
Thanks 2013 and thanks everyone who took part in my year! New experiences in 2014, here I come!