I tried a new chicken recipe tonight thanks to my friend, Katie. She had sent me a letter last week and with it a recipe she had told me about previously. Not only was the letter wonderful to read (and receive) but the recipe was delicious!
I’m going to share it here in the hopes that someone else may try this fairly healthy and tasty dinner.
Chicken and spinach dinner
- 3 tbsp butter
- Garlic-minced-to your liking (I used about a teaspoon of minced garlic)
- 2 chicken breasts chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Pinch of sea salt (I used regular salt because that’s all I had)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups spinach (or the whole bag if you like spinach)
- Saute garlic in butter for 1 1/2 minutes
- Add chicken and salt-cook until no pink
- Add cheese-stir until melted
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Serve over rice (mashed potatoes and baked potatoes are other options Katie suggests)
We made some quick chicken rice (the $1 pouch you can buy from the grocery store) to go with the dish and it was a great combination. I would love to try it over some brown rice next time though. I imagine that would be just exquisite.
I will definitely make this meal again. It took about 20 minutes (I’m slow with cutting chicken) and there were only two pots to wash afterward, which doesn’t always happen with the dinners I make. Next time I’ll use only 2 tablespoons of butter though to try to make it a bit healthier. Since the rice we made had butter in it, everything together was a bit rich. Less butter will mean I can eat more! And per Gene, I will chop the spinach into smaller pieces (I didn’t chop it at all this time). He really doesn’t like cooked spinach so I’m proud of him for eating a meal with it being a main ingredient.
Not only does the meal taste delicious but it looks delicious as well. This is a great dinner to serve to family and friends in order to impress them with your cooking abilities.
Thanks Katie for the recipe, it has now become something I will make frequently.