Original recipe comes from user fugsgotnerfed and their reddit post. The ingredients are measured out in weight so this does require the use of a food scale. If you don’t currently have one, go purchase one right now. They’re relatively cheap (I got this one for $10) and are infinitely useful when baking. Plus, I’m way too lazy to google conversions for you. You can use any yogurt when making this but I find the unflavored soy yogurt provides the best, slightly tangy, taste. These aren’t very sweet so they’re a nice treat for those who want a baked good but have less of a sweet tooth.
- 230 g flour
- 120 g brown sugar
- 7 g baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 300 g vegan soy yogurt
- 80 mL of vegetable or canola oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 90-100 g chocolate chips (I just eyeball this, honestly)
- Preheat the oven at 425°F.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Add the yogurt, oil and vanilla extract. Mix until combined (no need to mix too much). The batter will be on the thicker side.
- Fill a muffin tin with the batter (I like it with liners, less clean up. If you use liners, spray them with Pam) and bake for 15-20 minutes. The muffins won’t rise very much so be generous with how much batter you put in each tin.
Makes: 12 muffins (if you don’t fill your tins as high, you can make 15 muffins).
Leftovers: Definitely better fresh but they’re still ok as leftovers.