Original recipe can be found at It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken. The only things I’ve changed are reducing the mayo and adding an apple. I prefer firmer apples like fuji but any red apple will do.
- 1 block (14-16oz) medium-firm tofu, pressed
- 1 red apple
- 5 TB (a little less than 1/3 cup) vegan mayonnaise
- 2 TB nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¾ tsp black salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Optional: salt and pepper to taste
- Serve on: Ritz crackers or white bread
- Chop the tofu into small cubes. I slice my tofu into 9 slices, then cut each slice into three slices, and then make cubes from there.
- Peel and dice the apple.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix gentle.
Serves: 4-5 people.
Leftovers: Really decent for about 4-5 days then it starts getting watery and the flavor dissipates a bit.