It took me a while to find all my favorite vegan items of products like cream cheese and sour cream. There’s a lot of options out there, which is great, but most of the stuff isn’t good. Honestly, it’s not. And any vegan who tells you it is, doesn’t remember the deliciousness of real dairy (even I’m forgetting). Below are the products that I have found are decent replacements for the foods I knew and loved pre-vegan days. I’ve talked about some of these before but I figured I’d put them all in one place in case anyone is ever interested in being vegan or trying vegan items (or, if I ever visit you, but know I’m always happy to bring my own food. 😉 ).
- Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese: disclaimer, it’s not better than real cream cheese but it is the best vegan cream cheese out there.
- Silk Plain Soymilk Yogurt: I wouldn’t eat this by itself but add granola and fruit to it and it’s perfect.
- Simple Truth Plant-based Sour Cream Alternative: I hate the taste of coconut in vegan items (specifically cream cheese and sour cream) but this sour cream doesn’t taste at all like coconut. It’s my favorite.
- Litelife Smart Dogs: you do have to grill or sauté these hot dogs and they’re best with a bun and condiments.
- Impossible Burger Meat: the BEST vegan burger, forget those black bean burgers, forget the Beyond. Impossible is superior. I’ve made sloppy joes, hamburgers, and meatloaf out of this stuff. It’s delicious. Their chicken nuggets are also the best.
- Morningstar Veggie Corn Dogs: you have to cook them in the oven (NOT the microwave).
- Just Egg: best scrambled vegan “eggs” ever.
- Green Giant Cauliflower and Spinach Gnocchi: fry them up in a skillet and they’re delicious.
- Simple Truth Plant-based Queso Style Dip: nacho cheese perfect for tortilla chips or nachos.
What I still haven’t found good vegan replacements for:
- Marshmallows: They just don’t melt the same way, aka they don’t melt. They also don’t taste the same. I so wish we could find a legitimately good gelatin alternative. Come on scientists, I’m looking at you!
- Cheese: there are some ok vegan cheeses (Miyoko’s mozzarella, Violife cheddar slices) but recently I’ve found myself skipping the cheese entirely.
One thought on “What I like Wednesday: Favorite Vegan Products”
I printed out your list – good to know