Original recipe is from Fishlove on AllRecipes. Thanks to my friend, Brittany, for sharing this with me. This recipe is extremely easy, quick, and only has a few ingredients. It’s great for those days you don’t really want to cook and is a good picnic dish. Eat open faced or closed. And feel free to add more ingredients as you desire (relish or apple might be good, maybe some crumbled tofu).
- 1 (19 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 TB mayonnaise
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with: bread and Famous Dave’s pickles
- Mash the garbanzo beans in a bowl.
- Add everything else to the bowl and stir.
- Serve on bread (ideally toasted). It’s extra delicious if you have some Famous Dave’s pickles to put on top.
Serves: 3-4 people (1 sandwich each)
Leftovers: Just as good as fresh