This recipe comes from the Speedy Bosh! cookbook. Now, I’m not a big peanut sauce fan so I only make this dish once a year or so. But if you do enjoy peanut sauce and tofu, this dish is for you.
- 1 package of extra firm tofu (10-14 oz), pressed
- 1 TB lime juice
- 2 TB soy sauce
- 1 1/2 TB sriracha
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 TB vegetable/canola oil
- Peanut sauce
- 2 TB lime juice
- 2 TB water
- 3 TB crunchy peanut butter
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp Chinese vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- Serve with:
- Little gem lettuce
- 4 scallions
- Slice the pressed tofu into somewhat thin squares (really whatever shape you want) and place in a bowl.
- Toss the tofu with the cornstarch to coat then pour on the lime juice, soy sauce, and sriracha. Toss it lightly all together.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat then fry up the tofu.
- While tofu is frying, put all peanut sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until relatively smooth.
- When the tofu is crispy and golden, serve with the sauce and other items on the ingredients list. I like to make little lettuce boats and top with a couple peanuts and dollops of sriracha.
Serves: 3 people
Leftovers: The very next day leftovers are ok and if you crisped up the tofu again on future days it wouldn’t be too bad.