This easy and quick meal is delicious and is a great way to elevate the ramen noodles we all know and love.
- 2 ramen noodle packets
- 2 TB miso paste (or to your preference)
- 4 tsp vegetable broth granules
- Handful of spinach
- Frozen peas
- Frozen corn
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 chive, diced
- Optional: 1/3 package of tofu
- Boil 4 cups of water in a pot.
- If using tofu: press and cut into cubes. Fry in a skillet over medium high heat with a bit of oil and seasonings of choice (like garlic, cumin, a hint of cayenne).
- Cut your carrot into thirds and thinly slice.
- Add the miso paste and vegetable broth granules to the water right before it starts boiling.
- Add the ramen noodles to the water (discard the flavor packets) and boil for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Fill your bowl with soup and top with your desired toppings.
Serves: 2 people
Leftovers: Ok, noodles can get pretty mushy so it’s generally better fresh but leftovers aren’t terrible.
Note: I like to force my spinach to the bottom of the bowl so the heat cooks it a bit.